Monthly Archives: July 2012
Here is a cool new windows trick for all the star wars fans.!!
If you are using Windows 7/vista,
- Press Windows Key + R. to open the Run Window
- Type in”c:\Windows\System32\OptionalFeatures.exe” (without the quotes). A new Window will open,
- Check telnet client and Click on Ok.
- Again press the Windows key + R to open the Run Window once again.
- This time, type in “telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl” (without the quotes)
This will actually open the Telnet Client in a cmd window (command prompt) and the given command: “towel.blinkenlights.nl” will be run on telnet.
It will start paying the Star Wars movie in ASCII..!!
here is a screenshot:
PS: If you are using Windows XP then you can directly press the Win key + R and type “telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl” (without the quotes) to open up telnet.
Have fun! 😀